Thursday, 1 February 2007
Recipe: Scrambled Egs with Smoked Salmon
Ingredients: 8 large Eggs; 4 tablespoons Cream; 1 oz Butter; Salt & Pepper; 6 oz Smoked Salmon; Dill (optional)
1. Melt butter in a heavy frying pan.
2. Beat Eggs with cream and seasoning - be careful with the quantity of salt, as the Smoked Salmon will also be quite salty; better to under-season at this stage and adjust later if necessary. Mix well, to break down the egg white thoroughly.
3. Cook eggs over a medium heat, stirring to break up the 'membrane' as it cooks - but not so much that the texture resembles a kind of porridge. The cooked eggs should look rich and fluffy.
4. Cut the Smoked Salmon into small strips and mix into the cooked Eggs just before serving.
5. Serve, garnished lightly with (optional) Dill.