Thursday, 9 July 2020
Raspberry Crepes, served with Kirsch Zabaglione...
A flavour-hit from a dense - and rather heady - raspberry filling, packed inside a folded crepe, while the rich silkiness of the zabaglione which envelopes it is a complete pleasure!
Ingredients: 40g flour; 1 egg; 110 ml milk; 150g raspberries; 2 egg yolks; 1/2 tbs butter; 1/2 tbs sugar + 1/8 cup sugar; 60 ml kirsch; fresh raspberries, to garnish.
1. Make a batter, using the flour, egg, and milk, and use this to make four crepes (of which you will only use two in this recipe - but since it isn't possible to use less than one egg, you'll just have to find a use for the two remaining crepes in another dish, the following day - they keep perfectly well under plastic in the fridge).
2. In a small pan, heat the butter and the sugar, to make a light caramel. To this, add half of the kirsch, and as soon as it bubbles, add the raspberries and stir them for a minute or so, just to make them collapse. Remove to a bowl, to cool.
3. Divide the raspberry mixture between the two crepes and fold each one into a rectangular package. Put one each of the crepe packages into the dishes in which you will be serving them. and leave them for five to ten minutes in a very low oven, to heat gently through.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl set over boiling water, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture has at least tripled in volume, and then add to it the remaining kirsch. Keep on whisking until the mixture has visibly thickened and the whisk leaves a tail as you draw it across the surface. Take the dishes from the warming oven, and spoon the zabaglione over and around each crepe.
5. Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment