Tuesday, 26 June 2007
Recipe: Cod in Chorizo Sauce
Ingredients: 50 ml White Wine or Vermouth; 150 ml Chicken Stock; 50 ml Fish Stock; 1 small clove of Garlic; 100 ml Double Cream; 50g Chorizo Sausage, thinly sliced; 30g Butter, chilled and cut into small pieces; half a tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar; 1 tablespoon of Fresh Chives; 2 skinned Cod Fillets (approximately 160g each)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Heat the wine to boiling point, then boil it for one minute. Add the Chicken and Fish Stock and the Garlic, and return the mixture to the boil.
3. Add Cream and Chorizo, then simmer for ten minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly before liquidizing. If necessary, return this mixture to the pan and reduce over medium heat until the sauce is quite thick.
4. Put the Cod Fillets into a buttered oven-proof dish; season lightly with salt & pepper, then cover the dish with foil and bake in the pre-heated oven for ten minutes.
5. Gradually add the chilled Butter to the sauce and whisk it in piece, by piece, to give the sauce a creamy consistency. Finally, whisk in the Vinegar and chopped Chives.
Plate the Cod fillets and spoon the sauce generously over the top before serving.