Saturday, 25 July 2020
New York Cheesecake
Effectively, sugarless - since this can be made using either sugar or sucralose, and the end result is identical. Light, creamy, and delicious, with a glorious vanilla flavour, and the option of having as many (more) slices as you feel like...
For a 9 inch cheesecake.
Ingredients: 800g cream cheese; 3/4 cup sugar (or sucralose); one and a half cups of digestive biscuits (graham crackers); 4 tbs butter; 3 medium eggs; 2 tsp vanilla essence; 2 tbs cornflour; 1 cup sour cream. Berries, for garnish (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 190 degrees C. Grease a 9 inch springform pan and line the base with greaseproof paper.
2. Melt the butter, and then blitz it in the food processor along with the biscuits. Press the mixture into the base of the prepared pan, and bake for ten minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and raise the oven temperature to 200 degrees C.
3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar (or sucralose) until properly mixed,then add the eggs, vanilla and cornflour and beat just to incorporate. Add to this the sour cream, and stir it in, using a spatula.
4. Pile the mixture onto the biscuit base, and bake for 45 minutes. At the end of this time, turn off the oven, prop the door open with a wooden spoon, and leave to rest for three hours as the oven cools.
5. Serve garnished (or not) with berries of your choice. I used blackberries from the garden, which had been macerated in almond syrup.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment